Saturday 2 April 2016

Review: Property Of Drex by CM Owens

      
                                                             SYNOPSIS:




EVE 
What’s the most selfless thing you've ever done? Whatprice tag would you put on the ability to save the ones you love? 

They say the worst decisions are made by the desperate or the fools. 

I was desperate enough to make a foolish decision to save my family. The cost? Me. 

They may be a motorcycle club, but in all honesty they’re really an elite unit of criminals who just happen to drive motorcycles. They’re a business. An organization. A fully functioning army… 

What’ I’ve learned? They work in the gray area; life and death is real; and everyone wants everyone dead. Okay, so maybe that’s dramatic… No. No it’s not. It’s legit. 

I prepared for the worst, fully anticipating hating my new life. Turns out, I finally found out where I belonged. Oh, and I discovered I’m a little twisted or crazy. Maybe both. 

Drex Caine, the man without a conscience, didn’t ruin me the way I thought he would. Instead, he made me feel like I was living instead of just waiting to live. And I can never go back to the way things used to be. 

*Graphic Language 

*Sexual Content 

*Dual POV 

REVIEW: 4 Stars 
This the first book in the Death Chasers Series by CM Owens but also in the Genre of MC books. She is & always will be my go to Author as I know I'm guaranteed a fantastic read, so when CM Owens announced that she was writing a MC Series (a favourite genre of mine) I was excited & boy did she do it justice. 
"I called hell, Satan answered, and I sold my soul for my family's security."
Eve willingly sells herself to a local MC in order to get money for her struggling family after they fall on hard times. The president of the club who she makes a deal with happens to be her best friend/former boyfriend's father. But he chooses to pass her over to another MC as a peace offering. In rides the Death Dealers MC with VP Drex Cain.
"He turns to let me see her, and my blood pumps faster the second my eyes find the innocent looking thing in front of me. Christ, she looks too damn sweet." 
Drex exhibits all the characteristics that I love in my Alpha Males. Broody, Demanding but not forceful knowing he doesn't have to be, he has a Cocksure attitude. Even though Drex shocks Eve she can't help but feel safe with him knowing fate could set her in another man's arms.
"Turn around & put your hands on the top of the mattress," "I've got to search you," "Open your mouth & spread your legs,"
As the story progresses Drex can't help but claim Eve as his own & marks her but not like rest of the club girls with the standard DD tattoo but with "Property Of Drex" I loved this part of the book & meeting Drake's character. 

The softer side that comes out when Drex is with Eve just melts your heart. Eve is such a selfless woman but yet has this determination in her to hold her head up high and fight through it instead of just giving up. 
I found the characters closely involved intriguing & I'm looking forward to the rest of this series seeing what happens with each of them.
This book was edgy, gritty, had lots of MC action and smoking hot sex! It was crazy, but I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for the conclusion of Drex and Eve's book.
Warning this book has one hell of a cliffhanger!!!!

C.M. Owens always loves a good laugh, and lives and breathes the emotions of the characters she becomes attached to. Though she came from a family of musicians, she has zero abilities with instruments; she sounds like a strangled cat when she sings; and her dancing is downright embarrassing. Just ask anyone who knows her. Her creativity rests solely in the written word. Her family is grateful that she gave up her quest to become a famous singer.
C.M. Owens only writes romance, but she's a sub-genre whore.
FOLLOW LINKS:




Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.