Friday 22 April 2016

Review: Perilous Love by J.A. Essen

Title: Perilous Love
Author: J.A. Essen
Publication Date: April 22nd 2016
Genres: Fantasy Romance
Edana is an Elven Druid princess whose world was sent spiraling out of control three years ago, shortly after her Awakening. She has spent her days since, training and biding her time, waiting to exact her revenge on those responsible. That time is now. Faudron, our hero, has been contracted by the Kingdom of Dun Felmar, to track down and destroy the threat in the Forsaken Woods that is slowly killing off the Royal Guard. Another adventure and another payday. The only difference this time, is a set of mysterious circumstances that lead him to believe dark magic may be at play. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time isn’t always such a bad thing. When Edana and Faudron’s worlds collide, they’re sent down a path filled with deceit and betrayal, putting them both on the run from the Druids and humans. Could their magical attraction to one another be preordained? Where do they run with both on their tails? Is their forbidden love hopeless, or will the past change everything?
I was lucky enough to be asked to Beta read this novel for JA Essen, and I'm so happy I was privileged and received an Arc Copy! 
I've read a few fantasy books before and I'm glad to add Perilous Love to my collection and this is first time Author for me but won't be the last.
Edana is an elven Princess from Robor. She is of age and is Awakening. One night changes everything when her mother is killed by a human hunting party. After the loss of her mother. All Edana wants is revenge and prepares for 3 years to seek out her revenge for her mother's death.
Faudron is a handsome human from the land of Dun Felmar. He is a huntsman who has come to the kingdom to defeat a beast for the king. Only to realize things are not what they seem.
All the characters in this book kept me engaged in the story which doesn't always happen with secondary characters! I don't want to give to much away and spoil the read I will say that this book is full of action, betrayal lots of steamy romance and heroic adventure in a fantasy world.
I would most definitely recommend this book even if fantasy isn't your thing I would give this a go you might surprise yourself!
I am 35 and live in Texas where I run a restaurant 5 days a week. I have been married to my amazing wife, Author Marie James, for going on 12 years and have two great little boys who keep us on our toes. I'm an avid online video gamer, and a lot of that is beginning to influence my writing.

I grew up reading Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and have decided THAT is where the focus or my writing is taking me. Perilous Love, a Fantasy Romance, is first my entry in the genre and is getting soaring reviews. EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T GENERALLY READ THE GENRE CAN'T SAY ENOUGH.


Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.