Friday 20 October 2017

Interview with Kim Bailey



Kim Bailey is a born procrastinator and sarcasm junkie who gets her motivation from coffee and good books. She enjoys lively conversations, usually with imaginary people, and can often be found staring wistfully into space. 
Her novels are emotional, sexy, contemporary romances with strong women, broken alphas, and a kinky beta or two--all of them, fiercely passionate
Her book so far are... 
Complex Kisses (Here & Now #1), Illicit Kisses (Here & Now #1.5) & Fairytale Kisses (Here & Now #2)


1. What is your favourite childhood book? -
I can't say I have a single favourite that stands out, but as a pre-teen I was obsessed with the Sweet Valley High series. I loved Jessica and Elizabeth and couldn't wait to have my own high school adventures.

2. Has a book ever made you cry? - If yes which 
Yes. Lots of books have made me cry. Two that are the most memorable (and also 2 of my favourties) are The Broze Horseman by Paullina Simons and Making Faces by Amy Harmon.

3. What is your favourite Genre to read? & What are you currently reading? -
I love romance of course, but don't limit myself by genre - anything fiction can work for me. I just finished reading an advanced copy of S.M. West's next release, Clutch.

4. When you're not writing what do you like to do in your down time? - I love to read, of course. I also am a bit of a movie buff. 

Alright lets talk writing.....

5. How do you come up with ideas for your stories? -
Most ideas hit me at odd and inconvenient times. There's no rhyme or reason. Most of my inspiration comes from real life in some form - I'll see or hear something that sparks an idea.

6. Are you indie or traditionally published? -
Indie for now. I'd love to have a book traditionally published - it's a goal.

7. Would you rather write standalone, standalone with connections to your other works, or multi book series? - I don't have a preference. So far, all of my books are interconnected stadalones, but I have other books that are complete standalones that I'm working on as well.

8. What is your most recent/up coming release? -
My most recent release was Fairytale Kisses - the second full-length novel in my Here & Now series. It's a friends-to-lovers romance that's both sweet and sexy. It features Caleb Anderson, a guy who believes in happily ever after and is looking for his one love. When he meets Zadie Fisher he thinks she's it. Zadie is a woman who's seen and experienced the worst side of love and has lost her hope in it. Freshly out of a dead-end relationship, she's determined to avoid making the same mistakes she's made in the past. 
I'd say it's an unconventional fairy tale.

9. Do you ever base your characters, events or places on real people, events or places? - Yes & no. I'm inspired by real people and real events at times, but no character or event has been wholly based on anything from real life. My stories (so far) have all been set in real Canadian places - places I've been & can easily describe. 

10. Who has been your favourite character to write about so far? - Dylan McCoy. He was the anti-hero of my first novel and has had an entire novella written from his pov. I always tend to root for the villain. I think most are just misunderstood. To me, his flaws are what makes Dylan so highly empathetic. I like getting in his brain and finding out what makes him tick.

11. Who has been your most difficult character to write about so far? - Caleb Anderson. He's the hero of my second full-length book. He's so good - too good in some ways. He's sweet and somewhat innocent. It was hard for me to find the right balance for a nice guy - he could have easily turned into someone boring, but I think I managed to give him enough angst to keep him from being too perfect. 

And lastly we're all interested in knowing???

12. What are you working on now? - I'm not ready to give away too many details, as I'm still in the very early stages, but I can tell you it's a lot steamier than my previous books. It's an enemies-to-lovers storyline with an unconventional hero and a leading lady with an iron will.

Want to see more from Kim Bailey find her here 
WEBSITE: http:// kimbaileywrites.com/

READER GROUP: Kim's Kiss Brigade➤ http://bit.ly/2tBO3bz
NEWSLETTER: Exclusive giveaways, freebies, and extra content. I will NEVER spam you! 1-2 emails per month. Join here➤ http://eepurl.com/cAe_3n
BLOGGER LIST: ARC and promo opportunities➤ http://eepurl. com/cXMmm1
GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/ 2eGld37
INSTAGRAM: https://www. instagram.com/kimbwrites/
TWITTER: @KimBwrites 
PINTEREST: Visual inspiration, no matter your mood. Parental discretion may be advised! ➤ https://www.pinterest.com/ kb0258/

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Thank You Kim Bailey for taking the time for this interview. It's been fun, We look forward to seeing whats to come!! 



Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.