Thursday 18 January 2018

Interview with Author Stacey Marie Brown


1. Where is home for you? - Seattle right now, but Europe always is calling me to return!

2. Do you have a day job outside of writing, and if so, what is it? - No. I'm lucky, I get to write full time.

3. What is your favourite childhood book? – So many, but "The Giving Tree" always stands out to me.

4. Has a book ever made you cry? If yes which – I get teary-eyed a lot, but I don't recall a book actually making me cry. Probably when I was a kid and we were forced to read "old Yeller" or "Where the red fern grows". Animals dying always make me cry!

5. What is your favourite Genre to read? & What are you currently reading? – I flip between Urban Fantasy and Contemporary Romance, which I enjoy writing as well.

6. When you're not writing what do you like to do in your down time? - Spending time with my dog, hiking, reading, or traveling. But I work pretty much all the time!

7. Describe your life in five words. -Writing. Coffee. Dog. Traveling. Friends/family.

Alright lets talk writing.....

8. What first inspired you to write? - I always enjoyed writing stories. I was a Goonie kid. Wrote stories growing up, but never thought about it as a career. Later in life, it was all the books/shows that made me mad, the heroine needing to be saved, or being silly (like running into a dangerous situation, even though she wasn't trained, just to prove something because she was a girl). I wanted to see/read more strong/flawed/smart characters. I started writing Darkness of Light, and everything took off from there.


9. How do you come up with ideas for your stories? - I have no idea! They just come to me. I get inspiration from reading, watching TV/movies, mythology, and real life situations. But my acting/directing background helps me develop stories in my head like a movie.


10. What kind of research do you do & how long do you spend researching before beginning a book? - I do just enough to understand a legend, so a thread of it can be truthful in my paranormal. I do research/or visit a place if I'm writing about it. I want it to be real to the reader.


11. Are you indie or traditionally published? - I'm a proud indie! But someday I'd like to be a hybrid.


12. Would you rather write standalone, standalone with connections to your other works, or multi book series? -  I like them all. It's just how the story comes to me. Some need longer to be told. Some don't.


13. What is your main Genre of writing & would you ever be interested in writing other Genres? - I mainly write Urban Fantasy, but just released my first contemporary romance, which I love doing as much. Have ideas for kids stories too. But probably all fall under contemporary or fantasy genre.


14. What is your most recent/upcoming release? - My contemporary romance, Buried Alive just released! It has sports (a hot olympic snowboarder) in it, but really it's about two tragic/flawed figures finding their place, who they are, happiness, and peace with a dark, sad past. It's heartbreaking, funny, and so sexy!


15. Do you ever base your characters, events or places on real people, events or places? - I like to use real places, but beyond that, no. The only two characters I took from real life were Cal and Simmons (my pixies in Darkness Series) and only small attributes. The characters come to me fully formed and unique. Doesn't mean I won't down the line.


16. Who has been your favourite character to write about so far?- Whoever I'm currently writing! They are all my favorites. I love complex, flawed characters. Each book, I fall in love with my characters more.


17. Who has been your most difficult character to write about so far?- I don't really know. The characters aren't my problem when things get difficult. It's the circumstance or plot. So far, I've found all my characters intriguing. 


We're all interested in knowing???


18. What are you working on now? - My last book in the Lightness Saga. It ties up three series. It's going to be a massive book!


 Lastly, it’s time for Seven quickies – you can only pick one answer! 
Sorry, I'm a Gemini. I can't choice one! To many personalities to please!
Paper or ebook? I have both on my nightstand.
Facebook or Instagram? Both.

Heels or flats? - Flats! I'm way to tall, clumsy, and comfortable for heels.

  
Spring, Summer, Autumn/Fall or Winter - Definitely Autumn/Fall

Up early or sleep late? - I used to love to sleep in, but the older I get the less I do!

Salty or sweet? - Both! Kettle corn is my favorite dessert.


Beard or clean-shaven? - Beard/scruff. So sexy!

Thank you Stacey Marie Brown for taking the time & answering these questions


♥ ♥ ♥

5
February 24, 2018 - RARE18 London, London, UK
_______________
March 1-4, 2018 - Emerald City Comicon, Seattle, WA
_______________
June 23, 2018 - RARE18 ROME, Rome, Italy

♥ ♥ ♥

2
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.
She grew up in Northern California, where she ran around on her family’s farm, raising animals, riding horses, playing flashlight tag, and turning hay bales into cool forts. She volunteers helping animals and is Eco-friendly. She feels all animals, people, and environment should be treated kindly.
smb-logo
3
black icon-website black icons-facebook black icons-twitter black icons -instagram black icon -newsletter black icon - goodreads black - amazon bookbub
Masterlist 1
Reader Groups:
The Darkness Series Discussion Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/954429471326611/
The Lightness Saga Discussion Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1010668569070730/

Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.